Monday, May 14, 2007

Smoking

No, I don't smoke, never have, never will, but I lit some incense and photographed the smoke. I read an article on photographing smoke in Popular Photography magazine as I subscribe to it. There are also a lot of smoke photos on flickr that inspired me and I tried and my first attempt failed miserably. Someone told me to light the smoke from the side. I did that, but my light was too far away from the smoke, so I finally brought it really close.......... like inches from the smoke and used the borrowed macro to shoot these. To get the colour smoke shots, I inverted the original shots in Photoshop and then played with the hue/saturation and colour balance. The fun part is in Photoshop.

2 comments:

Margie @ Smiles Forever Photo said...

VERY Cool.. Glad you didnt give up!! That last one is my Favorite! M

Heidi Brand said...

Very cool! Definitley art. I am going to have to read up on this and give it a try some day.