Sunday, February 4, 2007

Want to do high key

I just don't have enough lights. I tried to do this by using my flash and the remote for the flash. Had the flash behind the toy facing the wall. But when I set it as ISO100, then I got a silhouette of Elmo, so I ended up stopping down to ISO1000. So if anyone has any ideas on how to improve this without pulling out my strobe or buying 3 more lights, I'd like to hear it. I am going to also post this on LDPT.

ATTEMPT #1

ATTEMPT #2

ATTEMPT #3

ATTEMPT #4

This is as good as it gets!

5 comments:

Heidi Brand said...

Sorry Jax, no lights here, so I have no suggestions for you. The last two look very good though. I like the Budda.

Anna said...

NO lights here either. Looks like Elmo is hard to shoot...but it definitely looks like you needed more light there. Buddha looks cool tho!

memoriesbymarla.com said...

hey.... these look familiar!!! I just commented on these on the forum!! I dont know how you could do high key really without dragging out your lights!!! But if you figure out how then let me know!!! What if you use the 430 for the wall/backdrop then the onboard to light the Elmo? Dont know if it'd work but you could try it!!

Anonymous said...

Yep... I'm waiting to see the responses too.. as I have no lights either... But the last two pix look pretty good.

Anonymous said...

I know NADA of High Key lighting.. BUT, looks as if you kept at it.. Gets better and better as you shoot. The Budah looks good - I think you might be on to something.. Marla's idea with using onboard to give extra light might help ?? M