Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tuesday...

Ran a few errands today and popped into our local pro lab to catch up with my friends.

Meet Bob. He works at Pro Quality and he's the Photoshop guru exrodinaire. We were playing around with a slave light and Bob was my model. Thanks Bob! You look great!
I about had a heart attack. Kane went on a field trip and took a disposable camera. I had some old film too to develop and so dropped off both rolls.......... choked at the $20 I had to spend on something I didn't see first........ then my heart stopped when I opened the packet to find THIS!!!
At least I got one good-ish? maybe? of the bunch..........
This was taken with my underwater camera 2 years ago in St. Lucia. My boys snorkeling. The water was murky that day. Too bad........ none of the other images are worthy.


So after I recover from my trauma of dealing with film (that 4 letter word), I had to drop Kane to the tutor and as I was leaving......... I saw this........... 2 girls on an ATV/4 wheeler. Rule #1. One rider per ATV. Rule #2 Everyone wears a helmet. This sort of thing upsets me because there have been so many accidents caused by too many riders on an ATV.


While Tyler was doing his homework, I was taking self portraits..... you can see him working hard too.

On the way back from dropping Kane to the tutor, I figured I'd take another photo of my street to show you that it's not such a scary place. On foggy mornings, it does look creepy.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW.. you were a busy girl with that camera today.. You even found time to chat with me.. LOL Way to share your PS guy.. HA HA M

Anna said...

I like the self portrait Jax! I love the colors.

I've got lots of old film laying around to be developed...I hate to even think about what they are.

Kids on ATV's scare me ANYTIME!

Melinda said...

FILM - why I didn't start doing photography until it went digital :-)

My film never got developed until we moved so most of my pictures are faded. Thank goodness I figured out Photoshop.

Heidi Brand said...

Looks like you had a very busy day. Nice to meet Bob.

Great self portrait.

Kids on ATVs are scary. We see them around here all the time riding up and down the gravel roads without helments...very scary!

Betty "CC" Gray said...

Weren't you the busy one today? Wow! Love your self-portrait. I hate to admit that we have two 4wheelers and are about to get two more to accomendate all of the kiddos. But, if it makes you feel better they all have kill switches that allows us to control the speed that they are driving. :-) But they ARE getting fitted for helmets before they are going to ride them by themselves.

Beth said...

Hey, your self portrait looks a lot better than mine! LOL I agree about the ATV. Some parents just don't get it.

memoriesbymarla.com said...

sounds like a full day!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah... film.. I remember that... actually was doing B&W stuff not long ago for a darkroom class I took... and today just got 4 free rolls of some new professional stuff from Kodak... now to figure out what I'm going to take pix of with it... :)

Nice shots Jax... interesting day out you had.

Kayla Sullivan said...

You busy girl. you are such a cutie in that self portrait.

I see a for sale sign w/a pool on your street. Mind if I come & be your neighbor??

My Life As I See It said...

I would love you to move onto my street Kayla..... come on down!

Huffy said...

I love it...how you shared your day with me!! thanks Jax!